• Sleeping on silk is highly recommended by some of the world's leading beauty experts.
• Silk allows your skin to simply glide over the surface of the silky smooth fabric, where cotton can be more abrasive. This prevents bed head and sleep creases, which occur when waking up in the morning. Ultimately, sleeping on silk helps to prolong your hairstyle and is commonly used as a preventative measure to the signs of aging.
• Silk is a naturally self-adjusting fabric, meaning it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
• Silk is a strong natural fiber, meaning it has exceptional durability and is machine washable.
• Silk is hypoallergenic because it is not an absorbing fabric that collects dust or other particles, making it ideal for allergy sufferers.
• A common western tradition is to sleep on cotton, but sleeping on silk indulges your senses and is a true beauty secret.
Our sleeping ritual is part of our beautifying process. Skin is in contact with our pillow and sheets on an average of 7 hours a day, equating to 49 hours a week, (approximately 1/3 of our lives). Consequently, it is important to invest in good bedding, which will maximize our resting and rejuvenating experience. Click here to request a swatch sample of our silk.
Yes. Since we use premium heavy-weight silk, it is strong enough to go in the washing machine. Use gentle detergent, hand or machine wash cold delicate. Hang dry or tumble dry low, for 10 minutes (maximum). SEE VIDEO ON CARE INSTRUCTIONS View Bed Sets.
Every item is shipped same day or the next business day of payment. We ship with either UPS or expedited with Canada Post and you will receive a tracking number at the time the order is shipped. We do express shipping worldwide and can accomodate same day delivery in Toronto and the GTA upon special request. Please email email@example.com or call 416-565-5699 to make these arrangements.
We stand behind our products and if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase and the item is unused, we offer an exchange or refund within 7 days of receipt of the product.
In order to meet health regulations, returned products must be unused, unopened, unwashed and in the same new condition, it was sent in.
We will not cover the cost of return shipping.
Yes. We are committed to privacy and security which is why we use PayPal, *the safer, easier way to pay online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, PayPal Smart Connect or account balances, without sharing financial information.
The Chinese have invented and have mastered silk production, which is why we only import silk from China, as the quality of their silk is unsurpassed to this day. The province we get it from is famous for its silk and embroidery.
Functionally and technically there is literally nothing like silk. Man has spent decades trying to copy silk with synthetic products like satin, but nothing has come close to providing the health benefits that silk offers. Silk production originated in China, and has been practiced for thousands of years. Highly prized for its softness, insulating properties, and strength, silk is a natural product and therefore quite expensive.
Silk is measured in momme weight. The higher the momme weight, the higher the quality of silk. To calculate the momme weight, weigh a piece of silk 100 yards long and 45 inches wide. If the total weight comes to 16 pounds then the silk will be graded as 16 momme. If the silk weighs heavier a higher momme grade will be given and vice versa. Silk weighing more than 14 momme is considered high end. Silk with a lower momme number will have physically less silk. Your silk bedding should have a high momme, 12 at the very least. Nineteen momme is the best weight for silk bedding because it is very durable, easy to care for, flexible with your body, and has a rich texture. We use both 19 and 22 momme silk in our products. Silk with a momme weight above 22 is not as flexible and is used for clothing since the fabric is thicker.
Good quality silk has great flexibility and the touch is very soft and smooth. Poorer grades feel rough and uneven.
Silk is very durable and is stronger and longer lasting than cotton.